...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sewful Sisters Cookie Exchange

          Tonight was the Sewful Sisters cookie and gift exchange. I must say that quilters are excellent cooks. Feast your eyes on these tasty morsels:


          There were all sorts of cookies: Beautiful sugar frosted, thumbprints with chocolate, spritz, shortbread, chocolate with nuts, chocolate chip, two kinds of persimmon, and sugar cookies with jam. Lois's neighbor also made us a delicious, nut-covered cheese ball. That's where I spent most of my time.

 
          We also drew numbers and exchanged gifts. Some people wanted to steal, so we let them. I ended up with some fat quarters, a packet of my favorite microtex machine needles, and a disappearing ink pen. Fortunately, I was one of the last ones to choose a gift, so I got to keep mine.
 
          The final thing we did was to prepare our raffle basket for our upcoming guild Christmas Dinner. It's a beauty and stuffed with all kinds of wonderful treasures, so make sure and buy some tickets.

2 comments:

  1. Our canteen lady at school is taking orders for Christmas cooking, so I have outsourced. I'm not so good in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those cookies look divine. I wasn't able to go to the cookie exchange I was invited to which was a good thing as I'm on weight watchers and it's been tough enough without all that.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.