...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Suppose Quilt Boutique, Preston, Idaho

Are you ready for an adventure? That's what my friend Janice asked me on the first morning I awoke at her house on my Utah vacation.

"Sure," I giggled, knowing that Janice would never lead me too far astray. "What's up?"

"We're going to Idaho."

I lifted one brow, which is characteristic of me. I question almost everything that comes my way. As it turned out, we were so far north in Utah that Suppose Quilt Boutique was less than an hour away. Sounded like a perfect kind of excursion to me.

A little after ten o'clock we rolled to a stop in front of 21 North State Street. Jo Thomas, who owns the shop with her mother, Kathy Thomas, was behind the front counter and ready to help us.

 
The shop was definitely a feast for the eyes. I never imagined that I would find so many bright, bold, and lively prints in a quaint and traditional little town. There must be a big demand for that sort of fabrics in Idaho and the neighboring states. My friend Janice said that the turnover of merchandise at Suppose Quilt Boutique is so rapid that it's difficult to find anything that isn't new and exciting.

 
Of course, a good selection of traditional fabrics are available as well. I especially liked their animal prints and came home with several of those. There were also lots of bright, cheerful juvenile prints as well as a variety of batiks. The only thing I didn't see were Asian prints, but I can't fault them for that.
 
Here is Janice posing for the camera. She always looks so happy in fabric stores.
 
 
These are the fat quarters that I could not leave without purchasing. Now that I look back, I wish I would have bought more, especially of the orange tomcats, the horses, and the bold zebra stripes. Wow, those are really something else!
 
 
Here is my final parting shot I took of Suppose Quilt Boutique. What a delightful place!
 
 
Contact info:
 
Suppose Quilt Boutique
21 North State Street
Preston, ID 83263
208.852.1449
 
 
Monday - Saturday
10am - 6pm
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Looks very interesting....I would love to visit that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there had to be a quilt shop post on the way, lol. Lovely fabrics. I especially like the Wee Wander print by Sarah Jane Studios. I'm planning to start a quilt soon using some prints from that collection. Love those bold zebra prints, too. What a nice trip you had.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great adventure. The cat and horse fabric I think are from the Cotton & Steel fabric line that is all the buzz in blogland. I'm sure you can find it on line, but hurry - I hear it's very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Love your choices! A great way to start the day. Have a good weekend, Kay. I am off to a Buggy Barn Bird Brain class.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.