...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe


Twin sisters, Kris and Kim, are definitely in the running for the Friendliest Quilt Shop in the West. Besides their local following in and around Logan, Utah, it turned out that we are mutual friends of Jeremy and Greg of Thimble Towne, which is hundreds of miles away in Visalia, California. Talk about coincidences! I felt right at home.

Kris gave my friend Janice and I the warmest welcome and showed us around the shop. They have an awesome inventory of merchandise including Kim's new Christmas fabric collection.  Her aptly named Kimberbell Designs is produced by Maywood Studios.

Kris and I posed for a picture in my favorite section of the store. Check out those great Halloween quilts and the flying witch's striped legs!

 
Besides holiday fabrics, there was a good selection of batiks.
 
 
There were oodles of bright contemporary prints as well as traditional fabrics.
 
 
The juvenile prints were lively and cheerful.
 
 
Right next to those was a pleasant little gated area where youngsters can play while Mom shops. Great idea! (Can you tell that Kris and Kim were teachers before they opened their quilt shop?)

 
This is my little stash that I brought home. Lots of cool animal prints.
 
 
Kris also sent this carry bag with me, proclaiming me an official girlfriend!
 
 
After all that friendliness, it was a little difficult to leave.
 
 
Even the bicycle outside the front door looked friendly!

 
Until we meet again...
 
 
My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe
1115 North 200 East
Logan, UT. 
435-213-3229
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Another nice quilt shop visit - lucky you! Your green bird print has me drooling. It's gorgeous.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet shop-love the brightness and you bought some great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could sure handle a good visit to a quilt shop like that...you are doing a nice job of adding to your stash! I keep getting reminders that I should do a baby quilt. I like to have one in reserve! That kids section looks like it has some nice choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bag! Nothing like a friendly quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.