...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Utah or Bust!

Last Tuesday morning at the crack of dawn, I was off for a last minute vacation in Utah. This was supposed to have happened in June, but an obnoxious root canal got in my way. My friend Janice, who has retired to that lovely state, waited patiently. As it turned out, I think the delay proved to be good in all sorts of ways. But I am getting ahead of myself....


My first stop was Kohnen's Country Bakery in Tehachapi. This place reminds me of a classic European establishment with all it's fancy pastries and handmade breads.

 
As I was leaving, I saw something that I had never noticed before: South Curry Street. A bittersweet reminder of a little cat named Curry whom I had left behind with his babysitter, Miss Lisa. I knew I was going to miss that little muffin.

 
With a cup off hot coffee and a blueberry cream cheese pastry in hand, I was off to Utah.

 
My whirlwind vacation was to be just as sweet.
 
 
More to follow...


4 comments:

  1. Oh cool, I'm so glad you were able to squeeze a trip in before school starts. I'm sure Curry will be fine, but I'll bet he's miffed to pieces over you leaving him, lol. That pastry looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how we can miss our little furry friends. It's nice to know that they are in good hands when we travel. It sounds like your trip was amazing - can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One would never think to find something like that in that area.. will have to share that with traveling friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got in that vacation before school, can't wait to hear the rest. Leaving our furry friends behind is the hard part of any vacation. We like road trips as we can at least take Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.