...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Progress on "Vivid Imagination"

With everything going on around here, don't think I have forgotten this colorful friend.


 
Originally, I had tried to stitch wavy lines along the outermost border, but the quilt would have none of that. It stretched, pulled, distorted, and every other obnoxious thing that a border can do. Finally, I picked out the wavy lines and tried a large zigzag instead. It worked!
 
 
I stuck to a simple spiral on these accent squares. So far, so good.
 
 
Look at the delightful stripes I found in my stash for the binding! I still have quite a bit of quilting left to do in the center of the quilt so am not quite ready for the binding, but at least it will be ready when I am.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I really like the zigzag stitching on the border; I guess the quilt knows best. :)
    Love the stripes for the binding. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt! The binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the geometric lines of the zig zag fit the quilt better (in my opinion). Perfect binding fabric. It will be nice to have that done and ready to go when you are finally finished with the quilting. I always try to piece, press and roll my binding when I am piecing the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love striped borders, and don't hardly ever do one. I need to collect a few striped fabrics with that in mind. That being said, I am wondering what my border will be like when I try to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.