...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Happy Garden, Busy Me!

Not a whole lot of quilting going on here this week. I am trying to work my way through the mountains of produce.

Anaheim peppers for salsa and Chile rellenos. I have finally figured out that I can roast peppers on the grate of my gas stove top. Yum!

 
More white peaches. The yellow peaches on the dwarf tree are ready, too. I picked them last night before the birds took them all.
 

The tomatoes are glowing on their bushes like Christmas lights. It's funny that I don't always notice the tomatoes when they are green. Then when the temperature peaks over 100 degrees, and the bright red fruits pop into view.
 
 
I am missing my quilting, but I can't complain.

5 comments:

  1. Love the photos of your colorful garden produce. I love chiles rellenos, but most of the time they're pre-frozen and just heated at the Mexican restaurants so I can taste the freezer with them, too. yuk. I've never found a recipe I really like for them. Do you have one to share? Thanks in advance. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni, my "recipe" is definitely a work in progress right now. I will share it when I figure out how to get that batter to coat evenly and not look so terrible. Very difficult dish.

      Delete
  2. You have your work cut out for you with all that produce. It all looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just glory in the moments right now...I would be in heaven to have all those peaches to eat and freeze the rest...maybe can a few. They are so pretty sitting in jars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, wow, and double wow! Amazing amount of produce to deal with. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.