...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

An Upside Down Sort of Summer


This summer has definitely not gone according to my original plans. The undoing all began in June with a jaw abscess, a root canal, and an extended period of recovery. My endodontist is a jewel, but I don't look forward to our visits.



Early on during the summer, I was supposed to go on a road trip to visit a dear friend. Fortunately, she has been gracious enough to wait patiently for my health to return. If God is willing, I will still be able to make that trip before school is back in session.

I also had several home improvement projects that have stalled for the time being for various reasons. Ugh! Like Goldilocks, I sure hope that I soon find that contractor that is "just right".

In the meantime, I have tried to stay positive and get a little quilting squeezed in on most days. I have been making steady progress on my "Vivid Imagination" quilt.

These are a few quarter yards I purchased for my Halloween quilt. Isn't that purple fabric with the crows the bomb? I suppose Halloween fabrics, decorations, and color combinations are generally odd in an attractive sort of way.


 
Here are some of the most recent Halloween squares I have made. So far, I have over sixty completed. I suppose I should stop one of these days and figure out just how many I really need. That probably won't happen any time soon, because I find myself working on these little morsels when I can't control other events in my life. It might be a long road to Halloween. 

5 comments:

  1. That purple fabric IS the bomb! Love the purple, and those crows are creepy cool.
    Hope your summer gets on track while there is still some summer left.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still seem to get a lot accomplished - with all your gardening and all the projects you have worked on. I hope you'll be able to visit your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still taking lots of naps, and I still haven't gotten my closets cleaned out this summer.

      Delete
  3. I so get it. My year was derailed last year with my sinus issues-just never felt well-finally resolved. Give yourself time to heal-lots of naps. Love those little squares-it will be a quilt before you know it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first fabric! All are cute though.

    As for making them, sometimes you just need some mindless sewing.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.