...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Three For The Road

 

Seems like all I have been doing lately is napping and backtracking. Sooooo tired after all the excitement at work last week!

Then there are all of those sleeves and labels that still needed to be sewn on those quilts I had hung with pins at my featured artist display. Glendale Quilt Guild’s show is rapidly approaching, so I couldn’t procrastinate any longer. “Unfurled”, “Oolong Trail”, and “It’s Raining Mushrooms in California” have all been accepted. “Oolong Trail” still didn’t have a sleeve, so I had to get busy and take care of that.

IMG_4500[1]

Since the show is a good two hour’s drive through heavy Los Angeles traffic, I am shipping the quilts. I will drive down on the last day of the show and retrieve them. It has been four years since I have exhibited at that particular show. I am excited about their new venue at the Pasadena Convention Center.

Fortunately, I just received a bolt of Pellon Quilter’s Grid in the mail from Hancock’s, and the box is the perfect size to ship my three quilts. It is even in good shape. I love it when that happens!

Off they go tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Kay, you deserved a good rest after the observation at school - that must have been super stressful. Yay for the right box when you need it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to go to a model train meet with my husband for years at the Pasadena Convention Center . Pasadena is a great town and has lots of things to do. The convention center is older but I always like it (unless they have remodeled it in the last 5 years).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a judged show? Glad you're quilts were accepted and I'm sure there will be some ribbons in your future. Did you submit quilts for Best of the Valley too? I know you did the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.