...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Random Farmland Blocks

 

Several of my readers asked me what I was doing with the batik fabric strips that I was cutting back here:

http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2014/03/cutting-cutting-cutting.html

IMG_4538[1]

The strips are the makings of more random farmland blocks.

IMG_4533[1]

I started making these about a year ago but became stuck when my project got too large for me to manage.

IMG_4534[1]

Fortunately, Suzanne threw down the gauntlet and announced the challenge for us San Joaquin Valley quilters at the 2014 Best of the Valley Quilt Show. It was just the opportunity I needed to make a smaller version of where I was going with the larger project. I was able to solve some construction and design problems on “Fields of Bounty”, which I posted here:

http://quiltedtimeposts.blogspot.com/2014/02/fields-of-bounty-2014.html

Now I have more confidence and enthusiasm for finishing the larger version.

6 comments:

  1. wished I could have put my act together,, but not this year..
    Yes, weeding! I hate to spray, but the cats and llama's are already getting the twisty in their hair.. I want to plant a few trees over on the other side of the road,, but need to find the ground, beautiful green, but if it were grass, it would be wonderful, but even goats don't eat this stuff!!! Beautiful weather... love the batiks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely. Looks like gardens or fields from afar In an Alice and Wonderland setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You come up with the best names for your blocks; love Farmland. Those batiks are gorgeous. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with it...the basics look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love those gauntlets! Challenge? Deadline? This girl's best friends...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.