...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Something About Embroidery

 

Ever since I finished the embroidery on Peace, Love & Haight Ashbury, my fingers and heart have been aching to stitch again. I purchased this batik many years ago. Rosebuds? Asian clouds? Maybe just some delightful swirls.

IMG_4524[1]

I am not really sure where I am going with this.

IMG_4520[1]

It will probably end up being part of an Asian still life, teapot, or ceramic figurine. We’ll see.

IMG_4519[1]

Meanwhile, I am relaxing and enjoying the process.

6 comments:

  1. I find stitching relaxing too...thanks for your comments about the Quilt Show...I am still recovering and have enjoyed my day off today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need to know where you are going sometimes-the important thing is you are going somewhere and the destination looks wonderful. I am subbing the rest of the week and part of next so I may not be doing much creative. One last thing-we had Analie Belden speak at guild on Monday-she was so very entertaining-funny, funny, funny. She wrote the book, Thoroughly Modern Dresden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of someone who can just start working on something and have no idea of what they will do with it. It will be fun to see this in a project in the future somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stitching on that beautiful batik. You almost convince me to try it. I haven't embroidered anything in a LONG time.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't always have to have a reason.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think hand working is relaxing too. Have fun. And enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.