...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Trying To Get Organized

 

Making art quilts is so much fun, but there is one drawback. There is no such thing as taking two or three cuts of fabric from my stash, then closing the lid on a bin or two. No, I have to rat through about ten large plastic containers of batiks and pull every possible fabric I might use—even if it will be for just a tiny snip of that color. The result is a mess. Makes me long for those two-color traditional designs.

Last week I went to the Dollar Tree and picked up six of these small plastic containers. As I recovered from a long week at work yesterday evening, I tried to organize the fabrics for my current project into these bins. They are small enough that I can tuck them into a closet when I am not working on that quilt.

IMG_1505[1]

They are not small enough to discourage an overgrown kitten from taking up residence. Curry!!!

4 comments:

  1. If I lay out any fabric larger than 4" sq. Our Bertha calls it home. Can't wait to see your next quilt! Enjoy your weekend. We are having a first of several garage sales today. What doesn't sell today goes to the Food and Clothes Closet so it feels good to see a huge empty space in our storage container out back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just love your baskets, I have to be careful at the $1.00 stores! I could get over run with storage boxes.. I have been contemplating a lot of "house " cleaning also! Might just start with the studio. Seem to get side tracked.

      Delete
  2. Kitty knows you really got those for him. Love the containers, and Dollar Tree. I have a new lime green mop bucket from there. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't you just love to have a studio to close the door on, or walk out to the back yard to get to? I don't have a thing that doesn't have cat hair on it...the cats I have now shed so much worse than other cats I have had....not that they didn't shed...one of these is just ridiculous though.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.