...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pinwheels are for the Birds

          Yesterday evening, I planted all sorts of new seeds in my autumn garden: Kale, turnips, arugula, cilantro, onions, carrots, mustard greens, and beets. Of course, no matter what I do out there, it never goes unnoticed by the birds who call it home. So, while I was at the grocery store this morning, I bought a few little sparkly decorations.


          I think they are pretty. The birds do not like them. Thus, they stay out of my vegetable beds and do not eat the tender little sprouts as they are just making their way out of the ground.



          Within moments of poking the staffs of the pinwheels into the soil, they went right to work.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea, and pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pinwheels hold a lot of good memories for me from childhood as well :-).

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.