...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Flapping in the Breeze

          Just a few pictures of some of my hand-dyed fat quarters from Saturday's class hanging on the line. This fabric is Kona cotton and was originally a soft cream color. I thought the cream tint would dull the final results, but it sure didn't.


          This was also the batch of fabric that was placed just inside the top of the dyeing jars and not fully submerged in the liquid. We all presumed that I would end up with some white mottling, but I didn't. I really love the variation of the colors, though. Especially in the yellow and purple.


                                                                                                                                                                                                         



          I haven't had time to press yet or take pictures of the other fat quarters I dyed using a whiter fabric. As soon as I can, I will post proper photos of them all. These are close-ups of some of the Kona cotton fat quarters.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd be very pleased with those colors! A veritable color feast. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great colors. It would be interesting to see the comparison of the white and off white starting fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know why you did not get any white... because the bottles/liquid moved on the way home from the mountains. All the twists and turns... If we had just let them sit, you might have had more white... or it might have wicked to a lighter color.. But pretty sure it was the movement from the turns that did it..

    Be sure to send me some photo on my email,vivianhelena@sti.net, I would like to save them and post also with your blog site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay,,, you will love them even better after you iron them... can you send some of the photos to my email, then I can save them on my computer also... much appreciated, and glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.