...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

On The Road to California 2015

So excited! Just got word that my funky little quilt, "Peace, Love & Haight Ashbury" was juried into Road to California's Quilters Conference & Showcase, which takes place in January 2015. Really surprised since it is becoming increasingly difficult to even get into this show. Also amused since there seems to be no middle ground on this quilt: Some folks really like it, and some folks don't.


This picture was taken at the Best of the Valley Quilt Show in April.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kay! The piece is fresh and unique. I'm sure it will show very well! Next time, Houston? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have to say I'm not the tiniest bit surprised though - your quilt tells a story in beautiful fabrics and embroidered thread, and the colors are the best. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it in person! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt, fantastic that you won such a prestigious award, very exciting..Hope to make it to Road, Not going to Point B. retreat this year, so hoping hubby and I can drive down, will see. Working on something that has to be done and sent by the end of the month, yes, this month! Crazy... Not posting till it is done and sent...
    At least you get a little rest for the holiday season... I am weeding when I have a moment, few and far between... want to do a lot of tree trimming.. hugs, v

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.