...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Worth the Effort

This weekend was mostly spent over-dying fabrics and correcting some piecing. Nothing like saturated colors and very sharp points!

The piece of hand-dyed fabric that I over-dyed with ice and maroon Procion powder made me happy.

 
Another piece of fabric that I had previously dyed a pale blue had turned out to be nondescript. I pleated it lengthwise, folded it in quarters, then tied it tightly every couple inches with cotton twine. I laid the bundle on its side in a very shallow puddle of fuchsia dye, then twelve hours later, turned then bundle over and set it in a shallow puddle of turquoise dye.
 
 
Finally, I tackled that set of points that refused to meet in the center of this little quilt with a hand needle and thread. Nailed it!!!.
 
 
Now it is sandwiched and ready for quilting. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd say it's certainly worth the effort. The maroon fabric looks almost floral with the bits of greenish blue color, lovely. (At least, that's how it looks on my screen.) Love the second one, too, folding was brilliant. Have a pleasantly quilty week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a pile of flowers in the top dyed fabrics. So pretty. Glad you had a good weekend dying!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.