...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Reprieve

We were finally blessed with rain last night. Only .20 inches, but an additional .46 inches of drizzle today. We are grateful.

This morning I puttered about the garden, clipping this and that. So much foliage needs to be tamed and thrown into the compost barrel.

Among the felled cannas, I found this sweet praying mantis, heavy with eggs. I gently rescued her from the compost bin and placed her in a rose bush. That should give her a safe place to lay her eggs.



I look forward to seeing her progeny in the spring.




Before heading out to the garden this morning, I set two tee shirts in dye. One is in a big, lovely pickle jar I bought at the Dollar Tree--mainly for the jar. The other is ice-dyeing in a colander. I am excited to see the results.

More to come...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got some rain. What a cute praying mantis. I always enjoy seeing them, but I've never noticed one that color. Just looked them up and found out they change colors to camouflage themselves. That's cool. Can't wait to see your new dye projects. I buy pickles expressly for the jars, too. I use them for fermenting kombucha. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was so great hearing the rain last night. (Dogs didn't love it though.) The skies were so clear today - it was heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just one of the "bugs" I find amazing and love to find in the garden. Fantastic ghost like image!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.