...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Friday, February 7, 2014

Blank Slate

 

I have a newfound respect for those dedicated and generous individuals who make a quilt show successful. In the past, my biggest responsibility was to get my quilts turned in on time for judging. Once the quilts are dropped off, the competitors are politely excused to go on their respective ways so that judging can commence.

Today was different. My quilts aren’t being judged, and I am technically a member of the show committee, so I got to see things from the ground up this morning.

This is what greeted me. A blank slate.

IMG_4420[1]

Wow! And to think that show time is a tiny bit more than 24 hours away.

This is my little area.

IMG_4415[1]

And since there was nothing at home to eat this morning, this is my breakfast. Looks great, huh? Taco Bell without the pizzazz. They didn’t even have coffee. Well, they actually did have coffee. Just no cups. Guess you have to bring your own these days.

IMG_4416[1]

This is a jumble of baskets waiting to be made into raffle prizes. And very beautiful and attractive ones at that!

IMG_4418[1]

It took me until mid-afternoon to finish hanging my quilts and decorating my booth. At that juncture, there were still vendors just arriving and setting out their wares. The ladies and gentlemen who were hanging quilts ran out of PVC pipe and had to purchase more.

It’s going to be a grand ole show!

3 comments:

  1. I think I'd have thrown a fit over no coffee - completely intolerable. *shakes head*
    Can't wait to hear about the show...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you took plenty of pics!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.