...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Not a Secret???

 

According to Suzanne Kistler, the chairperson for Best of the Valley Quilt Show, our challenge entries don’t necessarily have to be kept a guarded secret until show time. When I finish mine, I will post it. Until then, here are a few more snippets. Fortunately, this puppy is really cooperating. I should finish the quilting this evening. Then on to the facings, label, and sleeve…

IMG_4458[1]

IMG_4459[1]

IMG_4460[1]

IMG_4461[1]

IMG_4462[1]

6 comments:

  1. You have some really gorgeous colors in this one. Love the green and yellow, especially. Glad it's flowing along for you, and can't wait to see the whole quilt. Have a great evening.
    p.s. It was 74°F today by afternoon, such a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really got busy! Didn't you just start this last week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, I pulled most of the components from my boxes of randomly stitched batiks on February 10--the day after the CPQ Quilt Show. I just had to decide how to arrange them into a somewhat recognizable composition of my chosen subject matter, then sliced, trimmed, fused, and joined them together. Sounds relatively easy, but I had been mentally wrestling with how to accomplish it for many months.

      Delete
  3. More and more interesting!!! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mental wrestling - that has a nice ring to it. I do the same, all the time. It takes me longer to wrestle, than it ever does to sew. Both are usually a workout. :) Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what you come up with! I'm looking forward to seeing and reading about the inspiration of each entry.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.