...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Ever Try Pandora?

 

Sometimes you never know what you have been missing. Case in point: This year I got a new assistant at work. Bright, competent, artistic, and only 22 years old. I have told her that she is not allowed to get any older EVER or think about leaving her job. Of course, she will eventually. She is working on her credential and will be an excellent teacher.

IMG_1376[1]

Meanwhile, this young whippersnapper has been teaching me a few things. Like about Pandora radio, which I can play on my laptop while I am sewing. Sweet! It’s kind of like your own personal radio station. You type in what kind of music you like, and they play it. If you don’t like a particular selection, you give it the “thumbs down”, and they never play it again

There are a few commercials, and there are some print ads to the side of the screen. I guess they must think I am really old and sad because the keep posting ads for arthritis and depression medications. Plus some other personal remedies that I won’t go into.

Anyway, you might want to give it a try. Absolutely free.

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea Pandora existed. It sounds like a winner to me as I can't stand any of our radio stations. I think I'll mosey on over there now. Thank you for sharing that and thanks to that young whippersnapper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to listen to Pandora years and years ago...and one of my childhood friends listens now...I guess I need to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is wonderful that you have an assistant like you have...it is wonderful to work with people that have a good outlook on life...I don't care if it is digging holes to plant trees like I used to do sometimes. I worked for this couple that were probably 25-30 yrs older than me and they were a joy to work for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, soulful eyes. I heard about Pandora for the first time this last week (can't remember where) and now you. Think I better check it out. Over the 11 years that i was a counselor, I had 4 different assistants and they were all wonderful. 2 have retired, 1 is a counselor and 1 is a VP of a high school and now my boss when I sub. I was very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And if you have an iphone, itunes now how their 'radio' which is similar to pandora.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.