...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Lunch Date at Luigi’s

 

My group of childhood friends keeps getting larger and larger. Of course, that does not seem logical or possible since we cannot go back in time and make new little friends. In my case, it means that our friendship group welcomed four dear chums from the past into our fold.

What a treat!

We met for lunch on the patio at Luigi’s, which is an old Bakersfield classic that has been in business since 1910. The food was traditional Italian and absolutely delicious. Although we arrived early, we could hardly find parking places. When I left, someone was politely waiting for me to vacate my own. The eatery is that popular.

Here is all ten of us.

IMG_4400[1]

And that was my break today. Back to quilting! There’s a show on the horizon.

4 comments:

  1. What a nice spot for visiting and dining with friends. Love all the flora on the patio.
    Hope everything goes well for the show. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice respite. I heard from a friend from jr. high this last year and several of us from that time are hoping to get together in this new year. How fun that you do that on a regular basis. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun that must have been...bet you didn't want to leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our visit went much too quickly. We try to meet monthly at different places. This next month we will be meeting twice--once for the quilt show and two weeks later at a restaurant. One of our other classmates might be flying in for the day. We are so thrilled. She and I go way back together. I was in her mother's Brownie Scout troop.

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.