...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

No Sewing Tonight

 

We are having unseasonably warm weather and high winds. Lots of dust swirling and autumn leaves that should have come off the trees in November but never did. The power has been on and off all evening—first briefly several times, then complete darkness for over two hours.

Thank goodness for the candles that my sweet students frequently give me at Christmas. They not only give light but smell nice, too.

IMG_1401[1]

My super duper flashlight I purchased at the feed store has also been a blessing as well as my battery-powered radio.

I bet I will see a lot of trees down on my way to work tomorrow. I can still hear the wind whipping through them.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had the super duper flashlight. Goodman is a flashlight fanatic so we have several of them, and they are a lifesaver at times. We could use some of that unseasonably warm weather. It's 6ºF as I type. *shivers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today the weatherman is predicting a high of 78 degrees. I was thinking that when the warm wind kicked up yesterday it meant rain was on the way/ Not a chance. We are in drought here. So sad. I can still hear the wind blowing outside this morning.

      Delete
  2. It made it's way to San Diego as well. This is starting to get worrisome. Have a good Friday at work. I am staying in out of the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hearing about the drought...I just hate when it stays dry forever. We have several flashlights in designated places. And a year or two ago when we were without power for several hours, we also stocked up on candles...not the scented ones...though I have several of those, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.