...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Slow Drive Down Ashbury Street

 

I believe I could have made many trips up and down Ashbury Street in the time that it has taken me to embroider just these three letters. I have actually started on the “b” as well, but it is not particularly visible in this photo. Calligraphy is not one of my passions, but this little task is tolerable since the lettering needs to be on the funky side. No need to worry about exact measures here.

IMG_4238[1]

Thank goodness for Thanksgiving. I have five glorious days away from work and will be able to indulge myself with some fine hours of embroidery…when I am not indulging in other Thanksgiving treats.

IMG_4239[1]

5 comments:

  1. Every time I see this quilt it makes me smile. Those are very pretty colors. I clicked on the first pic and saw the beginning of the b. Looks really good. It sounds like you're going to have a great Thanksgiving holiday. I'll be cookin' like a crazy girl. :) Happy Thanksgiving, Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish w had a holiday for thanksgiving, but there is only a few weeks to go before our long summer break....I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a tease! Only can see the quilt one section at a time! Can't wait to see the whole thing. Happy Thanksgiving, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful, love the colors and the extra stitching....Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,, I am hoping to get into the studio also... Have to take some items to the gallery tomorrow, for the start of the Christmas buying...!!!! hugs, and Enjoy. vivian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know how many different fabrics are used in this? I would love to have a FQ or all the batiks...but hey, if I am wishing why don't I wish for a couple yards of each!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.