...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Shopping and Visiting

 

My yoga studio is only a block away from Beverly’s Fabrics. I don’t know whether this is better or worse than when the studio was located near a Starbucks. Some of us used to go over there and get brownies and coffee in between classes. Not exactly food fit for a yogi. Not to mention what it was doing to our waistlines.

This morning I headed down to Beverly’s store after my yoga class. I needed to get some lighter colors of embroidery thread for my quilt. Before I even got started shopping, I ran into one of my Sewful Sisters, Corey. Her shopping cart was already full of  supplies. Corey has some commissioned quilts that she needs to start pronto.

We stood in an aisle and visited for at least a half hour. It was nice to catch up with a dear friend.

IMG_4199[1]

Before I left, I actually grabbed some skeins of embroidery thread and a yard cut of batik that reminded me of sea glass. This was the first time I have purchased some Batavian batik. I have noticed it online but wanted to see it “in person” before taking the dive. The quality looked absolutely fine, and it was only $8.99 a yard as compared with most good batiks, which are going for around $12 a yard nowadays. Of course, I had my 25% off coupon, which took another chunk out of the price. Beverly’s was also trying to push their fall fabrics out the door right since it is nearing the end of the season, so the sunflowers were 30% off.

IMG_4201[1]

And, no, I did not flash my guild card for an additional discount.

3 comments:

  1. Nice selections...of both embroidery floss and fabric. The batik is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the Batavian batik. The color is really beautiful. I can't imagine why you didn't flash the guild card; they might have owed you in the end. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hit Joanns yesterday for their 60% off notion sale. I broke 5, yes 5 needles in my machine on Saturday while taking a purse class. So, I stocked up on needles, hand and sewing; and a 39.00 roller bag (was 128.00) that has 4 zippered separate pieces to hold everything for going to class. I hadn't planned on that but was glad I scored number 6 of 8 that they had. I haul a large bag I made that when full, is really heavy. Love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.