...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Simple Border Blocks

 

These blocks for my Asian snail’s trail quilt are being very cooperative. I cut lots of different 6 X 6” squares of Asian fabrics, then I cut them diagonally twice. I mixed the resulting triangles somewhat randomly, but always included one triangle of the neutral butterfly print in all but the 4 corner blocks. Once sewn together, I trimmed each square to 4 X 4”. I have completed 33 blocks so far and just have 11 more to go. Yay!!!

 IMG_3152[1]

2 comments:

  1. Tell me more - I want to do a snail quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it seems like your snail quilt is coming together really fast - but you are such a seasoned quilter I shouldn't be surprised. Beautiful blocks!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.