...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Seventeen Snails’ Trails and Counting


Well, my original plan was to make 16 blocks and call it good. Although the tiny butterflies and ladybugs in the background neutral print are gold, red, and black, I did not want to strictly follow that color scheme and end up with a “Holiday Snails” quilt. That being said, I threw in a few other colors. I am enjoying the variety and sparkle and have decided to go up to 25 block. That will allow me room to play with informally balancing the various hues. The photos do not do the fabrics justice, especially the golds and deep reds, which  appear to be brown.

IMG_3089[1]


IMG_3094[1]

3 comments:

  1. You got a lot done since last post. Like the way it is coming together-the extra colors blend nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors you are using compliment each other beautifully.

    Blogger won't let me upload pictures. What's a post without them? I've been told they have targeted blogs that are affiliated with Tea Party in any way. *crossed eyes* The only kind I participate in involve real tea, cream and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in your Snails Trail... such patience... PS,,sadly, did not make it to the Play,, just know the artist...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.