...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vivid Imagination Quilt

 

          With my eyes and fingers being understandably tired and sore from hand piecing my cube lattice blocks as of late, I decided to change up for a bit and do some machine quilting on this big creation:

IMG_1688[1]

          At least until my shoulders get sore.

          That’s one of the reasons I keep several projects going at once. When one part of my body gets tired, I move on to something else that requires the use of different muscles and senses. That way, I can keep on playing.

5 comments:

  1. Vivid Imagination is a great name for that beautifully bright quilt. The quilting looks good.

    I've been trying to do the same thing - wearin' out one body part while another recovers. *grins*
    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the circle quilting you are doing. And what beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good at naming quilts! I wish I could be comfortable having more than one project going at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just beautiful. Love the black and white with it. I have several going as well. I figure about November to have 4 large quilts done that i have been slowly appliqueing or English paper piecing and then there is Dear Jane that is everything in one.You and Wanda are my inspiration for all you get done. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, when the body can't sit any more do a standing project, etc. My old body doesn't like to do the same thing every day.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.