...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tomato and Pepper Seedlings


Every year I promise myself that I am just going to stop with two or three six-packs of seedlings for my garden. This year in particular. I have a very busy summer ahead of me, and the last thing I need is to be swimming in produce.

That was all well and good until I got to the nursery.

The Early Girl tomatoes, which are my favorite because they are so hardy and disease resistant, didn’t actually look all that good. They were a little leggy and overgrown for their small containers. So I threw some Celebrity and Better Boy seedlings into my little collection on the tray. I did hold myself down to one pack of peppers: Jalapenos! A person can only use so many.

Too many seedlings in light of my original plan, but oh well.

IMG_2013[1]

During lunch today, I ran over to RiteAid to grab a few things. And doncha know, they had BEAUTIFUL Early Girl seedlings there. Oh well, throw two six-packs in the basket. Just in case the other ones don’t work out.

I will have to sneak out at dawn this next weekend and get these puppies in the ground.

IMG_2007[1]

Meanwhile, more daffodils are blooming.

IMG_2005[1]

And the neighbor’s cat has decided that she likes me and my garden very much. Interestingly enough, my cats don’t mind her. I don’t know what her name might be, but it is Amber while she is in my garden because her eyes are amber. This is beginning to remind me of a fellow blogger’s story about a cat who insisted upon adopting her. Suzanne called him NOT MY CAT. He actually ended up being her cat, and a real sweetie.

IMG_2011[1]

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you'll be doing the free-style in tomatoes soon. *giggles* The plants look great. I can't wait for tomatoes - I usually get Rutgers for canning. We are a whole month away from planting them though.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.