...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Malibu Sunset

 

Can you believe that this has been hanging on my design wall for about two years? It’s my original paper-pieced design. The blocks are sewn together in vertical strips. Some of the vertical strips are sewn together. Most are not. I have been dragging my feet because I needed to draw out a pattern for the border. Not as easy as it seems since the blocks are trapezoids. The  measurements on the each side differ. The tops and bottoms of the blocks are the same length but are at angles.

IMG_2190[1]

I wanted the border to look like the sun’s rays reaching outward. This is what I finally came up with clear back in September. I am just now getting around to making them. Six so far today. Forty-six more to go.

IMG_2193[1]

6 comments:

  1. I love that piece, you did a wonderful job of putting together an exciting piece. It has movement, color and design... and tons of time putting it all into one... Love it!!!

    Ps,, still working on the blog, found a way to set up pages.. under "pages", and today my blog did go to Facebook. Hate taking the time away from the studio,,, and have a due date of April 1 for a project..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great things take time! It looks "great"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely-it is exciting and very different from anything I have seen. Great job! The border looks great too. I am working on my 3yr old grand's room ensemble. Have had some pain in my neck since my last trip to Seattle so can't sew for long. I can't wait to get back to the paperpieced project I was working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a remarkable design! I love the colors and movement. This one really has it all. And the name is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the movement in that quilt. You really put out a lot of beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Love that it's an original design too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.