...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

One Dozen Sunsets

 

Busy, busy making the border blocks for the Malibu Sunset quilt. These are the twelve newest ones:

IMG_2205[1]

These are all eighteen that have been completed. I have to make 52 blocks all together.

IMG_2209[1]

Without the border the quilt will be about 62” X 66”. With the borders, it will be about 71” X 75”. Not all that big, but it sure seems to take up an inordinate amount of space on my design wall. It will feel so good when it finally comes down.

I feel very fortunate to be able to use up some directional prints that have been stored untouched in my stash for many years.

4 comments:

  1. Those border prints will add a lot visually and in size. I really like the blue prints you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be so pretty. Anxious to see them on the quilt-bet you are too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good...always good to use old stuff from stash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I am able to use something that has been sitting in my stash for years, it is sort of like releasing a little sense of guilt about buying it in the first place. Hmmmmm....I never really paid any attention to it until right now: Quilt and guilt rhyme. Interesting.

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.