...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Shopping Bag Surprise


This past weekend I made a trip to a local fabric store and came home with more than I intended. No, I did not get carried away and buy everything in sight. I kept to my list and spent less than $30. The thing is, when I got home and went to unload my shopping bag, I found something inside that I had not intended to buy: A spool of ribbon.

IMG_1943[1]

Trust me, I had not even picked that spool up to look at it while I was in the store. It had obviously been lying on the counter, and the clerk threw it in with my order. I guess. It only ended up costing 35 cents after all the oodles of coupons and guild cards I used, so it’s not like I lost a lot of money. Driving it clear across town to return it would cost 6 times that much in gas. Maybe more.

So, I will keep it. Thank goodness it is black, and I will probably be able to use it on something.

Now I really sweep those store counters clear when I make a purchase. No more surprises for me!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will find a purpose for your surprise? Maybe you were the 1 millionth customer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure like that fabric it is sitting on:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Just thinking that if they "give" that surprise to all of their customers and charge them for it, the income will add up over time. Creative marketing?

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.