...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

No Time For Spring Fever


It was a glorious day today that filled me with a bit of envy when one friend after another said that they had been overcome by spring fever and were perfectly content with their state of being. With so much on my plate, I didn’t dare cave into my yearning to cast my cares to the wind and let my mind wander among my emotions, both poignant and sweet. 

I did sneak out to my garden to water the budding fruit trees. The camellias were in full bloom. Even the very elderly man next door was sitting out in his sunny front yard, chatting amicably with his attentive nurse. Every season, I expect to be his last, but he somehow manages to cling to the here and now. He is almost one hundred years old.

I snapped a few pictures of the vibrant camellias, then went back inside. My quilts were waiting.

IMG_1928[1]

IMG_1922[1]

IMG_1919[1]



IMG_1910[1]

IMG_1927[1]

IMG_1925[1]
IMG_1915[1]

IMG_1906[1]

IMG_1894[1]

4 comments:

  1. Your Camellias are just beautiful! I've never grown them before, but I'm planning to give them a try as soon as the nurseries open so I can get my paws on them. I had no idea they were so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying so hard with camellias...would love to have blooms like those. Our old man next door, finally had his last day just after Christmas. He was in his 90s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing. Leaves are starting to peek out of the flower beds here in the beautiful Northwest-but no flowers except at Pike's Market-I bought my DIL an armful of tulips. Will be here one more week.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.