...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Somewhere Sewing--Store Review

          Well, it's been a couple months since I have written a review of a favorite online fabric vendor.
My choice to tell you about Somewhere Sewing in Millersburg, Ohio was an easy one. The establishment is owned and run by Debi Moffitt. She is so fast and efficient that I mistakenly thought that she had a full staff working for her. However, she has graciously informed me that SHE is the staff, and on occasion, her husband helps out. Debi admits that she is often very tired by the end of the day.

           As I said before, Debi is as fast as lightning with her customer orders. She is also very accurate and willing to email back and forth with a customer to make sure they are getting just what they need. She does not charge an additional handling fee, and her shipping charges are just what it costs her to mail the package.

          I can't remember when I first began purchasing fabric from Somewhere Sewing. Probably a couple years ago. I first found them on an internet search for batiks and was pleased with their selection and the reasonable prices. I also like the fact that Debi also carries lost of Asian fabrics as well as batiks with Asian-inspired designs.

          There are also many, many other types of fabrics in her inventory, and she updates her stock frequently. The cool thing about that is that when she gets lots of new fabrics in, she puts some of the older ones on sale. A really good sale. And she notifies her loyal customers first.

          This is what came in the mail this afternoon:


          The black and white batik was $7.77 per yard, and the rest--a mere $3.88 per yard. Debi worked with me so that I would have enough of the creme-colored Michael Miller Asian kanji fabric for a backing. She found 2 pieces that were just the right length and could be pieced together. That's service!

          Stop by Debi's website--or store--and check it out. You will be glad you did.
      

http://www.somewheresewing.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.