...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Friday, January 4, 2013

To the Rescue: Sewing Supply Warehouse!

          Living in a city with two dedicated quilt shops and three craft stores that cater primarily to quilters and seamstresses, you would think that there would be no problem finding enough thread. Not. As I was just about to finish my free motion quilting the other day, I ran out of lavender Mettler Poly Sheen thread. I went to the only place here in town that sells it, and they were completely out of that. No buttercup thread, either. They could not tell me when their next order would arrive.

          My only option at that point was to hit the Internet. I found a place online that not only had the brand and colors I needed, but also carried them in larger quantities. Sewing Supply Warehouse also carries large cones of an identical thread called Isacord that conveniently is categorized under the same color names and numbers as the Mettler Poly Sheen. Talk about convenient! Their prices are very competitive as well.

          Since the business is in Port Charlotte, FL and I had placed my order late on New Years Day, I didn't have high hopes of receiving the merchandise any time soon. Wrong! It is already here, and in perfect order. I was especially thrilled with the jade thread. It is a beauty.

 
I will definitely be doing business with these folks again.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your experience with SSWarehouse. I've bookmarked them for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have done the same-starting to do more on-line than in-store. It allows me to think better. I have ADHD so tend to be impulsive. SHopping on-line takes me away from the immediate. I hope the thread is for the quilt you are currently working on because I am waiting to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Amazing with all the local options you couldn't find what you needed. It's kind of frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I understand why a friend of mine, who is a long arm quilter, loaded up on cones of thread at Long Beach International. It is just not available here.

      Delete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.