...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cube Lattice Blocks

 

          It’s amazing what turns up when I am looking for something else. Case in point: While I was out in my garage looking for goodness knows what, I found my flashlight. I also found some hand-pieced quilt blocks that I had temporarily set aside until I acquired enough patience and skill to forge on with the task. They had been completely forgotten. But there they were, neatly organized in a pizza box with all of the remaining fabric thoughtfully enclosed.

 

IMG_1657[1]

          The blocks are a traditional optical illusion pattern that I found on Quilter’s Cache called Cube Lattice.There are 10 pieces in each block that require inset seams. I believe I decreased the overall size of the block to 8 X 8 inches, which forced me to meticulously hand sew every tight and tiny seam. What was I thinking?

         This is a close-up of one block. I have decided to make only nine of them. I have been taking them with me to work and stitching a seam or two during lunch. It is amazing how much does get done that way. Interestingly enough, the blocks don’t seem quite so difficult now.

 

IMG_1659[1]

2 comments:

  1. My Y seams are getting easier as well-they were quite overwhelming when looking at them as a whole. This is beautiful, Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it wasn't for that phenomena of finding one thing when looking for something else I'd have to give up as I do lose track of things more often than I can reasonably explain. O.o
    Those are beautiful fabrics in the blocks!
    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.