...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

While I Was Quilting

          As I have been quilting with my usual passion this summer, my garden has been doing a little creating of its own. This week it has blessed me with 60 pounds of fresh tomatoes, white peaches, yellow peaches, and Elephant Heart plums.. As an owner of two green thumbs, I have found that there are consequences to my behavior. On a positive note, my garden does provide an endless source of inspiration for my quilts and plenty of healthy produce for myself, my friends, family, and neighbors.. The fresh air and exercise that I get while I am tending my plants and trees are also a plus. On the negative side, my garden does call loudly at times and demands that I leave my quilts for awhile. Like right now. I need to take care of all this fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.