...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Thoroughly Modern Me?

Yesterday I celebrated International Quilting Weekend with the Bakersfield Modern Quilt Guild. My friend Darla invited me to attend their Saturday Sew-In at Strawberry Patches. What a nice group of ladies! And all of them are so smart. They reported on everything that they had learned from their visit to Quiltcon 2016 in February. I left knowing a whole lot more about modern quilters and their quilts.


My afternoon turned out to be very productive. Looks at all the strips I cut!


I brought this unruly stack of hot pink, orange, and silvery gray fabrics. There is still plenty left over.


This pattern has intrigued me for years. I am going to make the inner and outer rings out of the pinks and oranges. The center ring will be gray prints. The background will be silver gray. And don't expect to see the orbs arranged in an orderly grid. That wouldn't be any fun at all!

The link for the pattern can be found at:

https://themodernquiltguild.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/octagonal-orb-quilt-block-tutorial.pdf

Enjoy the rest of your quilty weekend!




4 comments:

  1. Going to be very, very interesting! Believe it or not, I have never noticed that pattern. I don't know where I have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just happened to see this pattern on a blog several years ago. The lady had made one block for her cat to sit on. Hmmmmmmm..... No cats on mine!

      Delete
  2. Will be fun to see how this comes together. You always put your own spin on everything which is fun to see.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.