...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Friday, March 4, 2016

"Rustic Cabin Holiday"


There is nothing better than a box of batik scraps that have been cut into a variety of strips. About four summers ago, I set about making some irregular log cabin blocks.

 

The log cabins remind me of the funky little cabins at a beautiful yoga retreat I have visited in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
 
 
Last summer I finally got the blocks sewn together along with the sashing, cornerstones, and red setting triangles. I didn't have a bit left of that lovely red batik when it was all said and done. I can't remember the name, manufacturer, or where I bought it.

 
The quilt is sandwiched now, and I have finished stitching the anchoring lines. I plan to do some free motion quilting over much of the top, so that should take just about forever.

2 comments:

  1. I like! A lot. I have a bunch of strips from making daughter's Lotus quilt top. I have not decided what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scrap quilt. I like the big sashing and the blocks really show up that way. And the red setting triangles --a great place for some wonderful quilting.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.