...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fair Time With the Girlfriends

On Friday some of my girlfriends and I headed out for an evening of fun at the Kern County Fair.


What a great group! Lynn, Teri, Cindy, and Vicky. The only thing that stopped our laughter was corn on the cob, baked potatoes, corn dogs, cinnamon rolls, funnel cakes, and Basque food. Please note that NONE of us had ALL of that. That is the cumulative group menu. I had my traditional Basque dinner and tried a fair funnel cake for the first time. That was rich! Bavarian cream and chocolate drizzle over the top. I only ate half of it.
 
Vicky took a better picture of all of us with her cell phone, so I pinched it off Facebook.
 
Photo: "Wise" night at the fair!
 
We eventually got around to dropping by the Fine Arts Building. I got a quick picture of two of my quilts which happened to be displayed on the same panel. I had to stand at an angle to take the photo since I didn't think the fair staff would think kindly of me if I perched on the display area behind me to get a straight on picture.
 
 
Before we knew it, the time had come to go home.
 
 
Until next year...
 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you and your friends had a fun time at the fair. I haven't had a funnel cake in years - they're so sweet, but the chocolate drizzle does sound tasty. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't get to our fair this year and I missed not going. We always head for the corndog stand for breakfast:) I remember seeing that bottom quilt in process but not finished-they look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.