...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Four Snails

 

Any block that captures the illusion of movement is fascinating to me. The snail’s trail is one case in point.

I have been wanting to make a quilt with this pattern for about ten years. But with me being me, I had to think about it for quite some time and decide what sort of fabrics I wanted to use.

I had also been wanting to make another quilt with a contrast of neutrals and saturated tones. Generally, the assumption is that the neutrals will fade into the background and support the stronger colors. But when I found this tiny Asian neutral print of butterflies and lady bugs, I knew just what I wanted to do: The neutral print will be the focus and the darker colors, the background. A fun twist.

IMG_3083[1]

2 comments:

  1. That is going to be beautiful! Nice fabric. In answer to your comment yesterday-the paperpiecing lines are printed on the stabilizer. So you are sewing 4 layers which makes it bulky-won't do it again. Sounded good in theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nifty pattern. I love those butterfly prints, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.