...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Steam-A-Seam 2 is Back!!!

It's always nice to get together with quilters and bloggers--especially those I only see a couple times a year. Recently, I got to spend a bit of time with Barb, the author of the Pointless Quilter blog. I thoroughly enjoyed our chat. There was so much catching up to do, so much to talk about: Vacations, family, friends, finished projects, works in progress, projects that have us thinking that they will be eternally condemned to UFO purgatory. Then there are those projects that are stuck in neutral because a company decided to discontinue an absolutely wonderful product. Case in point: Over one year ago, the Warm Company stopped making Steam-A-Seam 2, the very best repositionable fusible applique film in the world. I found their website and expressed my laments online, begging them to contact me if they ever came to their senses and started making Steam-A-Seam 2 again.

I didn't have much hope.

Other companies tried to convince us to use their similar products. Not convinced.

In the meantime, I have a little challenge project pending, waiting for an answer. A blank slate, so to speak, waiting for some applique.


Barb was the first to tell me that Steam-A-Seam 2 is back. The very next day, a message from the Warm Company arrived in my inbox, announcing the fantastic news. I have to say that I am very impressed that they kept my name on their mailing list after all those months.

I best get down to the store and buy me a packet. Oh, coupons!!!

So far, I am seeing a limited offering online. Amazon is selling a packet of five 9 X 12" sheets for $11.99. That is over double the price of what the same amount used to cost. I don't know whether the price is temporarily elevated since the product is not yet widely available or if that will be the going rate.

5 comments:

  1. I am totally amazed that they emailed you! So nice to feel like your voice is heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing you and catching up.
    I hope they don't keep the price of SAS2 and SAS2Lite that high. Wow. They did just start putting it back on the market so hopefully we'll be seeing it everywhere soon at a decent price. Glad I was able to give you a heads up earlier than the company. My info came from Melinda Bula who was also contacted by them too.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for cooperation - I'm sure they put it back on the market because you and others contacted the company about it. These days it seems like you just get to relying on a product, and it gets snatched out of reach. I'm glad you have your SAS2 again. Love those feathers and chicken prints in the neutral colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ask and ye shall receive, eh? Wish there was a positive response from companies more often. Good job for helping bring back a popular product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good news! I don't use it often because I normally do turned but when you need it, you need it! I guess I can use the last 2 sheets I have been saving:)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.