...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Gorillas at the Post Office, Monkeys in the Bag

          While I was up in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas dyeing fabric, I was concerned about these little monkeys. I even texted my neighbor and asked him if he could make sure the postman hadn't left a package on my doorstep while I was gone. The parcel had left Somewhere Sewing in Ohio about a week before and was nowhere to be found. Highly unusual, because the ladies at that store are efficient, prompt, and had shipped my order within a couple hours of my ordering online.
 
 
          When the package finally arrived, I could see there had been a slight problem. Notice the bag the Post Office had sealed around my package. It says, "We care." Anyone seeing a little red flag there? Just the beginning of a note that explains that sometimes packages get damaged in transit. Hmmmmm...wonder how that happens?

 
          When I peeled off the bag, this is what the original package looked like. Oh, my.

 
          Fortunately, the gals at Somewhere Sewing are smarter than the gorillas who work at the Post Office. They had double-bagged my fabric.

 
          And what am I going to do with all of those monkeys and bananas? Add them to my other monkeys and bananas. Only my yoga friends know where this is going.



2 comments:

  1. I've had those "we care" bags arrive. One contained half a check. I still haven't figured that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the monkeys! Scarves were fun to dye, and always a wonderful surprise after washing and ironing.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.