...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

A Featured Artist Tradition


My first duty at our recent Cotton Patch Quilters show was to deliver corsages to the Featured Artists. Since I was the Featured Artist at our previous show, I had the delightful honor of surprising the mother-daughter team of Kay Ward and Laurie Britt with their very own pink carnations. I had just made a guess when I chose the flowers. Fortunately, my whim was perfect because Kay and Laurie were both wearing pink.




Kay is primarily a traditional quilter whose applique skills are second to none. Laurie has taken a different path and has become a terrific art quilter.

It gave me such joy to wish them a wonderful weekend as the reigning Featured Artists and made it a little easier for me to relinquish the title. I still have a picture of the corsage that Sally Shuppert gave me as the outgoing Featured Artist.

IMG_1448[1]


There might just be a quilt in this...

2 comments:

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.