...because our quilts are a reflection of the times in which we live.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Gardening Inside and Out

 

This is what I get to quilt on today: Rainy Garden Windows.

IMG_2044[1]

But first things first. I rose before dawn to get a good amount of work accomplished in the garden before the sun got too strong. I was reminded of Grandmother’s Rule that my dear friend Janice used to quote to her little students who wanted to do a fun activity instead of wrestling with the details of learning to read. The rule was: Spinach before ice cream.

In my case it was kale.

IMG_2038[1]

And a beautiful crop of mustard greens.

IMG_2036[1]

The spinach part was turning over the compost in my raised beds in preparation for planting my seedlings.

IMG_2035[1]

Even though it is hard work, I kept on smiling. God is good, and my quilt is waiting.

IMG_2015[1]

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to see the daffs and I am trying to teach that rule to my girl with her homework....I'll tell her today, "spinach before ice cream"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on my spinach now (cleaning house) so I can quilt for the rest of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing I had a garden and looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Finally getting caught up after being gone two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful!
    I'll be having spinach for a few days, but ice cream is sure to follow.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers. Please don't hesitate to chime in.